10 June 2009

Have I Told You Lately?

Dear Backpack,
Just a moment ago, when I was trying to cram more things than you can hold into one compartment, I realized how much I appreciate you. You are always there for me. You always have opened straps and a padded back area for me. You are just the greatest.
You hold all of my textbooks, notebooks, pens, pencils, and on occasion, cameras. Never does a complaint exit your mouth. Except that one time when you refused to hold 90 pounds of textbooks and you uttered a hushed, "Rip!" But even when I repaired you with hot pink thread, you did not complain.
During that post-class rush to see who can get out of the classroom first, I always cram my books into you with a vengeance. Kindly overlooking my over-zealous eagerness to exit the classroom, you take my books politely and hold on to them while I bolt from the building. Even when your compartments are absent-mindedly left open by yours truly, you hold on to my items of most importance. How can I ever thank you?
Backpack, I also feel the need to apologize for the way I handle you. Sorry for chunking you into my truck. Sorry for accidentally slamming you into desk and/or people constantly. Sorry for putting opened water bottles in you. Sorry I set you down in the mud that one time. And most of all, I'm sorry about all of the pen marks in your writing utensil holder.
I love and appreciate you very much. I cannot imagine my life without you.
Sincerely,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment