04 August 2010

Confession #17

"WIIILSOOONN!"

It kills me every time.
Every time. Kills!

I'm such a sucker for personified inanimate objects. Why? I'll tell you why. It's because I naturally have a guilty conscience. As a small child I usually ate my vegetables, because my parents would tell me that the vegetables would "feel rejected" or "left out" if they weren't eaten. This ate away at my young heart, and things were eaten.
But Wilson, oh Wilson, is a different kind of heart break. He and Tom Hanks become so close in the movie. And then, Wilson just floats away! Hanks grew to rely on Wilson for conversations and input, and Wilson is just ripped from him! That whole scene makes me feel helpless. And I'm not even floating on a raft in the middle of an ocean!
I really should not be allowed to watch that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment