20 August 2010

Who What?

Recently, I have discovered I am not, in fact, a city girl. For the longest time I thought I was a city girl. Why? Oh I don't know. It all began when I moved to the big city of Austin, and just decided that I would be a city girl. And that was that.
I like that everything is so accessible in city-like areas. I do not like being around all of the other humans. There are so many of them! I really like having multiple fabric stores around. I do not like not seeing woodland animals out and about. City living has its good points, but it also has its crowded points.
Bucept, I really like the outdoors. Ever since I seemed to have moved to the busier/ traffic-ier side of Austin, rural America has been looking mighty nice. Open fields? Animals? Yes! Yes!
Even more recently my adventurous side has been nurtured more than it usually is. The other day I agreed to camp out in the middle of the woods. Not in a marked campsite, but... the woods. Were there restrooms? No. Did I use the facilities in the woods? Yes. It was so liberating! And breezy! The next day I went fishing, and I caught a fish. Then I caught two more! That was my very first trout fishing experience. Fun times. When I arrived back in society what did I do? Ate a hamburger.
And so it was that I realized I should live where there are more trees than concrete.




Really the hamburger doesn't have anything to do with me not being a city girl, but I just wanted to share with my general public that I ate one. It's probably been 5 years since I've had a real honest to goodness hamburger. 5 years!

2 comments:

  1. Did you enjoy the burger? Did you feel OK afterwards? Were there no bad bugs or hungry animals in the woods?
    LYF
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. who are you? trout? hamburgers? and when are you coming home??

    ReplyDelete