17 November 2010

Secret Recipes: Blueberry Muffkins


The Best Muffins EVER.
Sweet Muffins from Betty Crocker's Cookbook
Makes: 12 muffins
Ingredients
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup salad oil (vegetable oil)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh blueberries or 3/4 cup well-drained thawed frozen blueberries

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease bottoms of muffin cups.
3. Beat egg; stir in milk and oil.
4. Mix in remaining ingredients just until flour is moistened. Batter should be lumpy.
5. Fold in blueberries.
6. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
7. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan.

These are easily my favorite blueberry muffins. I refuse to use any other recipe. Mom and Granny (I think) use this recipe religiously also. Granny probably knows it by heart and refers to the half cup of sugar as "oh, a good bit of sugar" when she is trying to tell someone the recipe. She knows what a cup is, but never measures anything. Awesome. These muffins are great to begin with, but on top of that I usually have frozen blueberries from Granny and Grandad's house in my freezer. Currently, there is only one tupperware thing of them in there. I'm running low! G&G's blueberry bushes are huge. Standing by them with my arms stretched as far as they can go, the bushes are probably two feet taller. And I am tall with long gorilla arms, you guys!
YUM.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I definitely made these immediately after I saw them.. I usually don't do freaky stuff like that, but I don't really have a lot to do right now and they looked SO good! I made them with 1c whole wheat flour and 1/2c flour and that was pretty rad

    ReplyDelete