10 November 2010

Letter Week: Day Three

Dear I-35,

Most of the time I hate you, you stupid road. I know you can't help it, you are a road, but still. I retain the right to have an irrational hatred of at least one thing in my life.

Whenever I need to go somewhere you are backed up into next year. When I'm in no hurry at all, it's like no one knows you exist. Where does all of the traffic go? Does everyone else know my schedule?

I-35, you need to work on your access ramps. When someone is merging, they are going to need more than twenty feet to merge into traffic and get their vehicles up to 70 mph. Maybe tiny access roads are a Texas thing? Isn't everything supposed to be bigger here? Your access roads are an embarrassment to your own state! Sad day.

Has anyone ever told you how long you are? You travel all the way from North Texas to South Texas. Most of the time my drive home feels like I've driven that entire distance, and it's only a five hour drive! It is almost like one enters a twilight zone when merging onto your tiny access ramps.

Sometimes I think you play tricks on me. You let me think I'm one exit away from school, but then SHAZAM, five more exits pop up. Where do all of those towns come from?! I would really like to be friends with you, but first I'll need you to finish up all of that construction nonsense in Buda. And also, please put a Chick-fil-A location on the east side of you, somewhere in between here and San Marcos. This would help me out greatly after school on my Coke days.

No Love From,
Me

2 comments:

  1. "When someone is merging, they are going to need more than twenty feet to merge into traffic and get their vehicles up to 70 mph"--- Thank you for this! I was driving in San Antonio last Friday and had no idea what the heck was up with these tiny mergers I am going to die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Broad is the road that leads to destruction and many enter through it.

    From San Marcos

    Post Road -> Old Stagecoach Road -> FM 2770 -> FM 1626 -> Manchaca Rd or First St

    It's not fast but traffic should be light

    ReplyDelete