03 December 2010

By Special Request:

Source
Remember that one time I was really excited about the Austin City Limits Music Festival? My Dad pointed out that I did not write about my Eagles concert experience. Dearest blog readers (Mom and Dad), The Eagles were good. They were real good. It was fun for me to see them solely because growing up, my siblings and I all listened to soft rock with our parents. Soft rock stations play a lot of The Eagles. At the ACL concert, my group was surrounded by Eagles fans. It was so fun! The demographics of this concert crowd were so different from, oh, the Vampire Weekend concert crowd. They weren't sloppy drunk, smoking pot AND they knew the real lyrics to all of the songs! I sang along with 'Hotel California' (who doesn't know that song?), 'Witchy Woman', and 'Life's Been Good'. A lot of their songs are to be enjoyed, not simply listened to. My friend Amber and I enjoyed the concert by looking at the stars during the performance. By stars I mean celestial stars, not The Eagles stars. The crowd was way too big to get very close. Great concert and great night!

The Eagles
Set List from ACL 2010
Seven Bridges Road 
How Long 
Take it to the Limit 
Hotel California 
Peaceful Easy Feeling 
I Can't Tell You Why 
Witchy Woman 
Lyin' Eyes 
Long Road Out Of Eden 
Walk Away (James Gang cover)
The Boys of Summer (Don Henley cover)
In The City 
The Long Run 
Life's Been Good (Joe Walsh cover)
Dirty Laundry (Don Henley cover)
Funk #49 (James Gang cover)
Heartache Tonight 
Life in the Fast Lane 

Encore:
Take It Easy 
Desperado 

1 comment: