21 June 2011

Sister Sister

 My sister and I are known for two things: sewing and being almost exactly like each other.

While we are very similar, people can't decide if we look alike or not. Quite often, we are asked, "are you two twins?" Then one of us says, "No, Em is seven years older, but we get that all of the time." I don't think we look identical, but based on that self-portrait I drew last week, I don't know what I look like. Looks aside, we both are avid sewers, enjoy napping, don't like the taste of alcohol, love animals, value good design, enjoy "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" and are always up for a trip to Target.

BUT she is fantastic at math and has an engineering degree, while I have to write out my multiplication tables and am working on an art degree. She was born in Maine in the 80s and I was born in Mississippi in the 90s. She can stand to have dishes in the sink and I have to have them in the dishwasher before I go to sleep at night.

Whatever. I'm just glad that I had an instant best friend when I was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment