11 July 2011

Secret Recipe: Stuffed Zucchini Boats

4 zucchini squash
1 pound ground turkey
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Parmesan
 1. Wash, then cut squash in half lengthwise.
 Scoop out some guts, but not all of them. I scooped right under the seeds and that left a nice amount of the meat of the veggie.
 2. Brown meat, onion and garlic. I am sensitive to onion and didn't have a clove of garlic, so I left them out. Drain, add basil, oregano, and worcestershire sauce.
 3. Fill up boats with meat mixture and arrange in glass dish. My larger glass pan was dirty and I only bought 3 zucchini, so that is why they are crammed and have tons of meat in them. Sometimes I veer away from the recipe... 
 4. Cover evenly with tomato sauce and top with cheese.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes, or when the zucchini is tender. 
Sooo good!

2 comments:

  1. looks like pizza with a zucchini crust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Julie! Sean and I made it last night and it was great. I'm really looking forward to trying that peanut butter chocolate pie you posted soon too. We were sad to hear that you've moved, and hope things you're getting settled in the new town. Looking forward to Em's wedding in Sept! -Jennifer Hennigan

    ReplyDelete