19 December 2011

Julie's Best

If I see Martha Stewart or the Mormon girls doing something, you better believe I'm going to check it out. Every once in a blue moon, I come upon things without their help and I would like to take this post to recognize things that I have come across and enjoy.

via Google
Bounce Bars- BlogHer sent me one of these guys to try out and I like it a lot! I was a little hesitant to use it, because I don't like dryer sheets, my clothes to smell like things, or sticking something on a major appliance. But the bar smelled so delicious, I had to try it! Much to my relief, once the bar is installed into your dryer, it doesn't rub its smell off onto your clothes as liberally as I imagined it would. Also, if you do the math, these bars are more cost efficient. A pack of 160-count dryer sheets cost around $7. The bar costs $7 and lasts for 4 months. It is also less waste than multiple dryer sheets. Yay!


Lined Curtains- People. Line. Your. Curtains. I lined my bedroom curtains last year and that has been such a good decision. Blackout lining blocks tons of light, drafts and is relatively inexpensive. Especially if you have a 40% off coupon from Joann's or Hancock's. I have a hunch that it is saving me the monies on air conditioning, because I noticed that the air is warm by my bedroom window, unlike my other windows with unlined curtains, where it gets a bit drafty.

Snapfish Matte prints- Now that I know things about photographs, I have become quite paper snob. I really like Snapfish's matte photo paper. When I need small prints, such as 4x6 prints for photo albums, I get them from the ol' Snappie. You do have to be careful if you are making prints from a dslr camera, because sometimes the pictures aren't exactly 4x6" and heads get cut off.


vans prison issue #23










Velcro Vans- These shoes are the best. Josh has a pair and enjoys them. I bought myself a pair this past summer, because I was missing Josh and needed some comfortable shoes for my 4-hour standing drawing class. I love these shoes! I ended up wearing them every day during summer school, and now wear them when I'm being a photographer. So comfortable. And you can wear whatever thickness of sock and not have to re-lace your shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment