25 January 2012

It Varies

Amber's Wedding; March 2010
I do a lot of reading and day dreaming and goal setting. The latter is often never achieved, but since it's a brand new year and such, why not make tiny baby steps? The reading habit often leads me down rabbit holes and I often come out of said holes with crazy ideas tucked into my pocket.

Like this one time for some reason there was a birthing picture on the front page of Pinterest. It freaked me out at first, because let's just say it was an at-home birth. And why was this on the front page anyway? But then after the initial shock I was all "man, the human body is disgusting/really cool." And then I got to reading about being a midwife. See how I started on Pinterest? I just wanted to know how to make one of those yarn wreaths. Turns out that being a midwife is kind of cool and now I want to look into being such a person.

And also I have always been interested in the whole yoga thing. Last semester in aerobics, we did yoga a few days and I loved it. It's a great workout, makes me feel peaceful and everyone has to be quiet during the workout. Yes! This semester I am taking racquetball and we will definitely not be doing yoga, but I discovered that the Tx State Rec. center offers yoga classes 6 out of 7 days of the week. Score! I went on Saturday all by myself (big deal) and had a really good workout. My friend Sara and I went swimming that weekend and that was fun, too! I'm excited to see how much I can improve over the semester.

So, with my art degree I plan on being a midwife and a yogi. Sweet.





"We should do what, in the long run, gives us joy, even if it is only picking grapes or sorting the laundry." -E.B. White

1 comment:

  1. We *have* always loved us some laundry sorting.

    ReplyDelete