29 May 2012

Taos Flowers

I have been to New Mexico a few times now and never have seen many flowers. It does have a lot of desert type plants, but not flower flowers like the South has. Taos was a pleasant place to visit, and I was even more pleasantly surprised to see all of the flowers they had. I definitely flipped out when I saw peonies in flower beds, because they are my favorite flowers. My head just exploded when I spotted them. They were beautiful! I also met purple sage, which I'd never seen before. It was all over Taos and Santa Fe! Yay flowers!

Hot pink peony
Poppies!
White peonies! My favorites. 
Day lilies

3 comments:

  1. I was just in Albuquerque! My dad was born in Taos and my family lives in ALB so we frequent the area quite a bit- I love NM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. being a native new mexican (WAYYYYY south) I have to say that I love the landscape and flowers of the state... It's far more beautiful than I feel people are willing to give it credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to eventually take you to the high mountain meadows and such to check out the types of flowers at high elevation!

    ReplyDelete