05 June 2012

Confession #54

A church in Arizona; July 2011
You know how in Sunday School they teach you that when you pray God will answer with a 'yes', 'no' or 'hold on a minute'? I get a lot of the 'no' answers, which is cool because he usually has other ideas for things, but last semester I prayed for something silly... and his answer was 'yes'. Don't hold your breath for anything profound here.

There are a lot of truly talented kids in my graduating photo class, but this one guy in particular is a great photographer and graphic designer. All of his pieces are awesome. So, when we graduate we also have a senior show, for which the students have to make flyers and advertise for. I may or may not have seriously prayed that I would graduate with this kid, so that he would get to design the flyers.

Well, last semester he said he was graduating in May and I was a little bummed that I wouldn't get to graduate with him and have cool flyers. BUT THEN, he came to class the week his senior show was going up in the gallery and said he wasn't showing that week. *GASP* He also said that he would be graduating in August. *DOUBLE GASP* He wouldn't tell the class why he wasn't showing, but I turned to my friend Kealy and said, "Oh my goodness, I prayed for this. I prayed for this to happen."

You really never know what prayers will be answered. Thanks God for the cool flyers.

2 comments:

  1. This made me smile. Not that it's not great for the huge things to be answered but sometimes it's those little things that might seem silly which really help us remember just how much God does care about what we care about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it's the little things. God really wanted you to have those flyers. ;)

    ReplyDelete