25 October 2012

Confession #58

via the googles
So, Ravens, Blackbirds and Crows are different birds.

Did you guys know this?

I did not. When we got to New Mexico, I kept wondering why all of the crows were so gigantic. They were sooo big! Why were they that big? How did they grow that big? I thought everything was bigger in Texas? Thankfully, at lunch after church one day I was told that these "giant crows" were ravens. Who even knew?!

This is my favorite verse from Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven:

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
`'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door -
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door; -
This it is, and nothing more,'

No comments:

Post a Comment