03 December 2012

The New Mexico Apartment!

Done! This apartment was fun to decorate, because I had to combine Josh's stuff with my things. Our first act of business was getting the new couch, because his couch wouldn't fit through the front door. Then, I wanted to get a new rug for the living room, because the one I had wasn't quite big enough for the space. We finally found one at Ikea while we were in Dallas a few weeks ago. Other than those two things, we had everything else from past apartments!

The giant horse engineer's print! This is what I saw on A Beautiful Mess, and I am very happy with the results. Love me some horses!



8 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! It is the perfect, (PERFECT, PERFECT) display of surrounding yourself with things you love. this is fantastic!

    Is your polka dot duvet the one from IKEA? I so wanted that, but my husband, well, he didn't...

    I also adore your tufted pillow, on your bed! It's so wide, I LOVE it! Where ever did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you!

      The duvet is from Ikea and I am very blessed to have a husband who doesn't care. At all.

      I made the tufted pillow! It's a body pillow from Target with some velveteen I found at JoAnn's covering it, finished off with some covered buttons. Super easy, and a lot less expensive than buying one like that.

      Delete
  2. To say I'm obsessed with your home would be an absolute understatement. It's absolutely adorable! And I spy the cutest teal blue mixer. That baby's been on my wishlist for years now!
    Also, I love the couch you picked out, as well as that living room rug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My Granny gets all of her granddaughters those mixers for wedding gifts. It's a pretty sweet deal.

      Delete
  3. Where is the Kerbear suite?? And is that the rug we saw at IKEA?? I cannot wait to visit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the room with the bear drawing above the bed! And yes, it is totally the rug from Ikea. HAD TO HAVE IT.

      Delete
    2. Yeah!!!! Because that is me in bear form!! I will be there tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. Great job Julziee! It is definitely you and like your dad, Josh is along for the decorating ride!
    LYF
    Mom

    ReplyDelete