30 January 2013

The Liebster Award



One of my fellow Texan bloggers nominated me for The Liebster Award! Sara is the cute girl behind Sunshine and Pretty Things. I trust her to keep me up on what is in style and what Texas is up to. The Liebster Award is a good way to connect small blogs and keep up a nice community.

The Rules:
Thank the person who nominated you and link your post to their blog.
List 11 facts about yourself then answer the 11 questions given to you.
Create 11 more questions for your 9 nominees, all of whom have 200 or less followers.
Comment on their blogs informing them of their Liebster Award nomination.

Here we go!

11 Facts About Me:
01. I keep moving west: Mississippi to Louisiana to Texas to New Mexico
02. My favorite band is The Strokes and I have somehow successfully managed to see them in concert twice. I also just realized that I have been listening to them for 12 years now?
03. Whenever I meet people I either like them or don't like them.
04. I love shooting with film and came very close to crying when Kodak stopped making Kodachrome.
05. My Mom lost me in Wal-Mart when I was 3 or 4 years old, only to find me trying on black patent leather shoes in my correct size.
06. I would love to run a half-marathon, but always get scared that I will fail, so I never start the training.
07. I made my high school's dance team, but quit a few weeks later because I didn't like dealing with all of those girls. My friends later admitted that they were glad I quit. Haha!
08. Much thanks to my Dad, I have watched each episode of the X-Files at least 5 times.
09. I will never own a Kindle or the like, because I like the feel/smell of books far too much.
10. I love striped shirts and will never have too many.
11. My dream job is to flip houses.

11 Questions from Sara:
01. What song best represents your outlook on life? Sleepyhead by Passion Pit. I have no idea what it's about, but it's beautiful.
02. If you could be fluent in any language, what would it be? French.
03. Who is your style icon? Naomi Davis of The Rockstar Diaries
04. Which would you rather possess: the ability to fly or the ability to become invisible? Become invisible!
05. What are your top three favorite movies? Ohhhh this is hard: 1. Little Women 2. Black Beauty 3. Pride and Prejudice
06. If you could live in any decade (20s, 40s, 60s, etc.), what would it be? 1890s
07. Other than your blog, what is your favorite social media outlet? Hate to say it, but Twitter.
08. Who are you closest to in your family and why? My older sister, Emily. I'm not sure how we have always been so close, since sisters normally don't get along super well. We are very similar and have the same opinions on most things, so that helps us continue to be best sisters.
09. What hobby do you wish you had more time for? Horseback riding
10. What is one of your happiest childhood memories? I had a pretty great childhood, but I loved playing outside with my neighbors when we lived in Louisiana. We swam, played baseball, put on dance performances, walked dogs, roller bladed, and did all sorts of awesome things.
11. If you could have dinner with any person in the world, living or dead, who would you choose and why? Mary Roach, because she is my favorite author. Her books are written in a really funny tone, so I feel like she would be a funny person.

11 Questions for my Nominees:
01. What is your favorite part of the day?
02. What is your favorite cereal?
03. Are you named after anyone?
04. What is your dream career?
05. Where is your favorite place on earth?
06. What is your least favorite fashion trend right now and why?
07. Morning person or night owl?
08. What is your guilty pleasure?
09. Would you like to have lived in any other decade?
10. How did you and your best friend meet?
11. What is your most cherished possession?

My 9 Nominees:
01. Emily
02. KayLynn
03.
 Kerri
04. Meghan
05. April
06. Emily G.
07. Rachel
08. Hannah
09. Misty

9 comments:

  1. oh girl! thank you soooooo soooo much for this! i am going to thank you a lot more but for now this has to be enough because i am soooooo tired!! soo soo tired and i need to sleep NOW so i am thanking you really shortly now and gonna post something about the liebster blog award tomorrow. ok?

    and i am also asking you if you want to be a part of my little blog representation? it would be such an honor for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and what you just wrote about my mum! i am gonna tell her and she will love you!! for ever and always! <3

      Delete
  2. Yay! How sweet of you!! But... what if I don't know 9 people?? Can I make you one of my peeps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok! Just do how many you know!

      Delete
  3. Julziee,
    Actually you were two when Em and I lost you in Wal-Mart!
    LYF
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Additionally, that was the same year you got that part of a covered button (the ring part) stuck on your finger and the firefighter had to cut it off!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. The truth is out there.

    Dadster

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were three or four when you got stuck in the doll's highchair. Yes, we still have that highchair.

    Dadster

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how exciting! It is like the chain letter of blogging! And I'm a winner!

    ReplyDelete