24 January 2013

Winter Things I Like

This winter in Northern New Mexico has been beautiful, but at the beginning I felt like I was scaly and withering away. I will fully admit to being the queen of beauty products, so I had to figure out a new "beauty regime" to keep all of the dry and dead skin under control. I also don't like to use products that test on animals or use parabens or sulfates, so that can make things kind of hard to shop for. I have slowly been abandoning products that test/use, so please don't think I'm completely animal friendly or chemically friendly yet. Working on it!

// 1 Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion- Got this for Christmas and have been using it ever since. Excellent lotion that you really only have to apply every 2-3 days in dry climates.
// 2 Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Smoothing Body Scrub Stress Relief - Eucalyptus Spearmint- This still has sulfates in it, but oh man does it smell good. The scrub part has been great for dealing with dry skin.
// 3 Olay Pro-X Cleansing System- I looooove this brush. My face wash having major troubles with dry skin, and this cleared everything up. Olay still tests on animals, but hopefully they would not test a face brush on a poor little animal?
// 4 Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm- This is my favorite chapstick, EVER.
// 5 32 oz. Nalgene- Nalgenes are my friends year round and they are the best. They are BPA free and don't make your water taste funny. When people tell you to drink lots of water at high altitudes, they are not kidding. If I don't drink two of these full of water a day, I am a mess (more so than usual).
// 6 Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo- Not sure what magic lies within the confines of this shampoo bottle, but it smells amazing and keeps my hair clean without completely stripping it of its oils. On a another note, I love the shade of green the bottle it's in.

No comments:

Post a Comment