11 February 2013

A Birthday Rundown

It was my birthday on Saturday and it was the best! I woke up at a decent time and opened presents. My families spoiled me rotten this year. ROTTEN. After I was done rolling around in my birthday presents, I got ready and Josh and I headed down to Albuquerque. First, we ate lunch at McAlister's and it was delicious. Anthropologie is in the same shopping center, so we poked around there for a little while. The workers there are super nice. 
 Then, we headed across town to the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science. I'd been wanting to visit it for a while and it was SO COOL. I really enjoy learning about dinosaurs, and somehow my visit to this museum was the first time I'd ever seen dinosaur skeletons. If you are ever in Albuquerque, I highly recommend it!
Since we were already in the "Old Town" area of town, we found a place to get ice cream. Duh.
 After ice cream, we were going to go to Hancock Fabrics to get my fabric fix, but couldn't find it. It is very likely that it has closed, because those stores are dropping like flies, y'all!
We also did not get to go horseback riding, because the weather was crazy. We drove through a dust storm on the way down, then saw snow on the side of the road on our way back home. It was pretty cold and really windy when we were walking into places too, so riding would have been kind of miserable. But! We are going to go when it's warmer!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I am the worst friend ever! Totally slipped my mind even though you've told me a gazillion times when your birthday is. So, pretend that we are back a couple of days...

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUMO!!! I HOPE YOU HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY AND GET TO GO ON LOTS OF ADVENTURES!

    Love, KP (Don't hate me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! (I agree with KP, lets pretend that today is still Saturday)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Semi-interesting factoid: The genus-species name for white oak is Querqus alba, thus the name "Albuquerque". There must be some white oaks around there somewhere, or maybe there was just one when the town was founded, like a landmark on a trail.

    And Happy Birthday Jules!

    Dadster

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a wonderful birthday, Julie! Honestly looked like such a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julziee,
    I forgot to tell you Aunt Bonnie was thinking of you but didn't know you were not doing Facebook. So happy birthday from Aunt Bonnie--this was on Sunday I talked with her.
    LYF
    Mom

    ReplyDelete