19 April 2013

Hard Times

It has been a hard week for everyone, hasn't it?
We all had to deal with the terrible news out of Boston and then out of West, Texas.
My family was also busy worrying about my sister becoming radioactive (thyroid treatment) and another family member going through kidney failure.

When I get sad, I usually just go ahead and get depressed, because that is what my body does. But! I have found several things that always make me feel better.

1. Always, always pray about things that are worrying you. There is someone listening and he also happens to be in charge. I'm glad he is in charge of things, because most of the time on my own I do a lot of stupid things.
2. Look at pictures of pups. Or spend some time with one or two.
3. Don't watch the news for more than 30 minutes.
4. Exercise in some manner. Running, frisbee, yoga (especially yoga), volleyball- whatever!
5. Spend some time with your familia or friends. They're good for you.
6. Play peek-a-boo with someone under one year of age.
7. Make something! Bread, quilts, art, you pick.
8. It's also okay to just be sad and maybe take a long nap.

2 comments:

  1. Aw Julie. First of all, I'm glad you're back to blogging. I was missing your posts! Second of all, I wrote a similar post expressing some of the same feelings (http://rachelhokanson.blogspot.com/2013/04/tiny-interactions.html). You have a great list of things to do when times are hard- keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks for the dog photos! That reminded me of this page I saw awhile ago:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/13-simple-steps-to-get-you-through-a-rough-day

    ReplyDelete