09 May 2013

Albuquerque EdgeFest 2013

It was no Austin City Limits Musical Festival, but the Albuquerque Edgefest on Sunday was pretty good. As a matter of fact it was excellent. The Albuquerque music scene is really into the post-punk hard core thing that Josh and I do not enjoy. BUT! The line up randomly included some bands that we like a whole lot.

This was Young Blood Hawke. They were great.
Then! One of our favorite bands, Shiny Toy Guns was up. I like to really belt out their songs, so that was a fun concert for everyone around me I'm sure.
Here is what we remember of their playlist:
Carrie
Le Disko
Ricochet
Major Tom
Somewhere to Hide
Rainy Monday
Don't Cry Out
Starts With One
You Are the One

Cake was there for crying out loud! They are 10x better live than on their albums. That might be the same for all artists?
They played these songs, but Josh and I can't remember the exact play list:
Frank Sinatra
Sheep Go to Heaven
Never There
Stick Shifts and Safety Belts
Mustache Man
Long Time
Mexico
War Pigs
Sick of You
Short Skirt/Long Jacket
The Distance


*insert drumroll for next band*
THE KIIILLLLLEEEEEEEERRRRSSSSS!
High school Julie would have freaked out if she got to see them, so I went ahead and sang all of the songs with them. Josh too. Their first album came out when I was a freshman in high school and I have listen to it nonstop since then. They are amazing in concert. We are talking fireworks with three different songs, confetti with one and perfect note hitting from Mr. Flowers.
I was way too busy jumping around to remember this set list:
Mr. Brightside
Spaceman
For Reasons Unknown
Miss Atomic Bomb
When You Were Young
Shadowplay
Human
Albuquerque (cover)
Runaways
A Dustland Fairytale
From Here On Out
Somebody Told Me
Smile Like You Mean It

Post confetti
Some fireworks!

2 comments:

  1. The Killers? Shiny Toy Guns?! EPIC!! I've never been to a music festival and am kind of hating myself for it right now. And the post confetti pic was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your music festival time will come! But make sure you go to at least one in your life. They're fun.

      Delete