08 May 2013

Run for the Zoo!

Even though I didn't have my favorite KayLynn with me, I ran a 5k on Sunday morning! This one was a toughie for me, but I'm glad I pushed through my training and ran it. The run was in Albuquerque, which is at 5,000 feet elevation, and I am still adjusting to the altitude. I also rolled or sprained my ankle the week before and was having a hard time running on that ankle.
At first I was excited to be outside and running.
But then I was at the finish line and my legs were all, "LET'S SPRINT THE REST" and got very serious.
 But then I was excited about the popsicles we got.
 On the way back to the car, Josh and I saw this mural and were very confused.
What on earth is the meaning of this?
We decided that this young man was swimming in a canal, but when he got out was ticketed by this lady EMS officer for some unknown reason.
Then we had Mexican food and went to Edgefest.
The end.

2 comments:

  1. Jealous that you have more motivation to run a 5K than I do! ...Although I HAVE been dying to get back into running for a loooong time now. As long as I get a congratulatory popsicle in the end, I'm down. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it, Sara!! That popsicle was the best one I have had in a while. If there are no popsicles at the end of a run you would like to do, you can always get Christian to run in front of you with one for motivation. :)

      Delete