21 June 2013

Periwinkle and Mint Wonky Star Quilt

 Finally made a layered Wonky Star Block quilt! This is definitely the most piecing I've ever done and really liked it. Josh's parents gave me the two Amy Butler prints in this quilt a year and a half ago, and I have been trying to figure out what to do with them since. Then, my sister gave me the Joel Dewberry print and I found the floral mint print at Wal-Mart randomly and I thought, "These must be a quilt!!" I'd also been given a ton of nice, white cotton, so that came in handy. Then, I saw a fun, brightly colored wonk star quilt on pinterest and decided to do that block.
I like that all of the fabrics came from different parts of the country/Texas:
Amy Butlers- Prescott, Arizona
Joel Dewberry- New York City
Generic mint floral- Longview, Texas
Solid white- Lakeway, Texas
Generic purple floral backing- San Antonio, Texas
Plum Kona Cotton binding- Santa Fe, New Mexico
 And of course, once I laid it out on the back of the couch, I noticed I had sewn a pin into one of the blocks. At least it was on the edge and easily accessible!

2 comments:

  1. You may mail this quilt to my address. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it. the colors, buspecially.

    ReplyDelete