03 April 2014

National September 11 Memorial & Museum

A trip to see the 9/11 Memorial was the first stop on mine and KLG's New York City list. I'm so glad we got to it in person. I was in my seventh grade French class when I heard the news about the towers falling. After school I went home and watched Brian Williams on NBC walk us through what was happening until it was time for me to go to bed. I never felt connected to these people or grasped how large the buildings were. Being able to visit this memorial definitely gave me a better idea of things and gave me closure on this national disaster. The memorial is beautiful, very well designed, and had tons of security on hand. It is free to visit, but you have to go to their website for a free ticket (to keep the crowds manageable it sounded like).

No comments:

Post a Comment