27 October 2014

Fall Church Youth Retreat

 Middle school and high school kids are still delightfully weird.

Two of our friends at church happen to be the youth minister and his wife. They invited us to be chaperones with them for the church's fall youth retreat at Glorieta. I have now lived in New Mexico for two years and never realized how close Glorieta is to Santa Fe. It's about a 20-30 minute drive. Who knew! Josh and I had a great time getting to know the kids and do the camp activities with them. We were able to do the drop zip line, climbing grotto/ foam pit, drifting cars, volleyball and disc golf. We also played a lot of pictionary with the kids in our cabin, which was pretty fun. 

The last time I was at this camp was 2005, and it seems to have changed quite a bit. I don't remember it being so ghetto? Lifeway owned it when I went to camp, but now these "adventure church camp" people own it. They are doing a lot of renovation of the properties and I think it'll be really nice when it's done. 

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and I think it is fantastic! I was so surprised when I read that you live in New Mexico. I haven't been to Glorieta since I was in high school, and I'm sad to hear that it's become ghetto. It looks like a fun retreat nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete