16 June 2015

Facial Favorites

I'm not really into doing my hair every day and I hate putting make up on, but one thing I take care of each day is my skin. Hopefully when I'm 80 my skin won't look like a leather handbag, because of the care I've taken in my teens and twenties. Depending on what my skin is doing each week, I try to give myself a facial 1-2 times a week. This involves cleansing, exfoliating, a mask, toner and moisturizing. 

Here are a few masks that I've tried, highly recommend and have ranked in order of how much I like them:
1. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
(here)
$8.80/ 1 lb.
This mask means BUSINESS. I don't know where the name came from, but it is 100% Bentonite Clay. Following the directions on the back, I mix it with apple cider vinegar and leave it on for 20 minutes. It really tightens on your face to the point where you can feel it pulsing. It doesn't pulse in vain, because it really does suck everything out of your pores!


2. Freeman Feeling Beautiful Mint & Lemon Clay Facial Mask
(here)
$4.29/ 6 oz.
A more gentle approach to a clay mask, this one does not make your face pulse. It smells great and is very gentle. I use this one for a deep clean when I don't want to mix it myself. This mask is probably the best bang for your buck. It's already pretty cheap, but the tube lasts forever!

3. Que Bella Detoxify Dead Sea Mud Mask
(here)
$2.09/ 0.5 oz
Target does it again! I've only seen this one at Target and will use it as an excuse to go. These masks come in little packets and are great for traveling. There are several different varieties from this brand, but this one smells the best to me. It also tingles in a refreshing way!

4. Freeman Feeling Beautiful Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
(here)
$4.29/ 6 oz.
 I usually use this mask as an exfoliator in my at home facial. As with any sugar scrub, it is very gritty, but it smells so good. There is a slight warming sensation when you first apply it, but for me it goes away after a minute. It leaves your skin ever so soft and sometimes I use it as a face wash.

5. Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment
(here)
$56.28/ 1.2 oz
Ok, this goop is amazing, but it is waaaay too expensive. That is why it is ranked last. I happened upon a sample of it and tried it for free. As it dries you can literally see the blackheads being sucked out of your face. After washing it off it made me feel like my skin could breathe again, but I didn't know my skin needed to breathe like that?

1 comment:

  1. So glad you posted this! I have been wanting to use masks more and needed ideas!

    ReplyDelete