11 June 2015

Recent Quiltings: Trying New Things

Floral Plus Quilt: The plus sign has been a big trend in the past few years and I decided to try it out.  Love how this quilt turned out, but for the next plus quilt, I think I'll stack the plus signs differently.

Bryan's T-shirt Quilt: My first t-shirt quilt to make, and it wasn't too shabby if I do say so. After doing a lot of research, I decided that it would be best to take the quilt to a long arm quilter to help it stay together and not get "droopy" over time. It was an honor to make a quilt for someone who served our country!


Half Hexagon Quilt: Love, love, love hexagon quilts. This one was not made by the traditional method. I found a half hexagon cutting pattern, so instead of having to piece them by hand or having a hard time on the machine you can sew them into strips and piece them together on the machine.

Merry Christmas to Me Sawtooth Star Quilt: I have been sitting on the traditional sawtooth star design for a while, and I'm really liking how it finally came out! My dear friend Erin gave me a gift certificate to Santa Fe Fabrics for Christmas, so I decided to make this one for myself :) Luckily, I happened to go in there before they closed shop down for good. Sad day for Santa Fe!

No comments:

Post a Comment