18 September 2015

Favorite Trend: Flare Jeans

Not that skinny jeans are going out of style anytime soon, but flares are coming back in a big way. I love a good flared jean with a heel, because they make your legs look long and if you have hips like I do, they help visually balance them out. 

The current flare jean trend is a little different than the past few ones: 
-The hemline is going all the way to the ground, not 1-2 inches above like in past years. I think all the way to the ground looks nicer! 
-Instead of being a trouser fit or boyfriend fit through the leg, the hip/thigh area is fitted and flares out after the knee.
-What I'm most excited about is that I'm seeing a lot of dark, clean washes. No holes or whiskering.
-The waistline is also higher this season, thank the heavens! There are a lot of mid-rise and even high-rise that look modern, not like the 70s (going allll the way up to the waist).

The only bummer about this trend is that it is hard to find the perfect pair. When I was looking, price, wash and inseam length (36" inseam to account for 2 inch boot heels, fools!) were of utmost importance. The flares that I did find fitting my requirements were over $150, which is too much for a trend. After searching high and low, I went into TJ Maxx and found the exact pair I was looking for! I think in a few months there will be more pairs popping up at Target, Gap, American Eagle, etc.

That's the report, over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment