29 March 2016

Chopped Greek Salad

There is this delicious restaurant in Santa Fe called Vinaigrette, that my friends and I frequent for birthday dinners. They serve a lot of salad, but some sandwiches and soups too. I just read that they are opening a restaurant in Austin and I can totally see them succeeding in the good hipster/hippie town that ATX is. I love the food, but I also like the general idea of the restaurant:
Much of the produce for Santa Fe and Albuquerque is grown on owner Erin Wade's 10-acre farm in Nambe, New Mexico. A farm in Bastrop, TX will support the Austin restaurant. Sustainability is a top priority. Food waste from the restaurant returns to the farm to feed the animals, and also gets composted back into the land to feed the healthy soil.
 But! You cannot eat here everyday, so I make a rendition of their Chopped Greek Salad at home. It's delicious and keeps really well in the fridge for up to 5 days.

1 medium cucumber
1 bell pepper
2 handfuls of tiny tomatoes
7-12 kalmata olives
4oz. crumbled feta
Kraft zesty italian dressing

Chop all ingredients.
Toss together.
Add dressing with each serving, not in the container of salad.

1 comment:

  1. I don't even love all those ingredients but the combination sounds delicious. DOIN IT.

    ReplyDelete