15 March 2016

Couch-o-rama

In a past life I am certain that I was some sort of furniture maker or salesperson or collector. I'm sure of it. I love furniture. It is a combination of color, texture, design and function. A few of my favorite things! I've been on the hunt for a new couch, but I think we will wait to actually buy one, because we are renting our house and wouldn't want to get a rental-specific couch.

My taste in couches includes:
classic lines
no over stuffing
no skirts along the bottom
no microfiber fabric
character in the upholstery job

I think a clean cut sofa in a neutral color is a good investment, because it is able to ride out the trends. 
Here are a few of my favorite reasonably priced couches I've seen over the last few months. 
Harriston Sofa
Ashley Furniture
(here)
$999.99

Cloverfield Sofa
Ashley Furniture
(here)
$799
Stocksund
Ikea
(here)
$699
Textured Woven Ryker Upholstered Sofa
World Market
(here)
$1099.99
Peggy Mid-Century Sofa
West Elm
(here)
$1199

2 comments:

  1. "No skirts along the bottom"?

    :~)

    Love these...and your decision to wait is wise...but hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A skirted couch has a little skirt around the bottom hiding the legs! Most couches from the 80s and 90s had skirts.

      Delete