06 July 2016

Recent Sewings

This little quilt is a sample I made for myself. I discovered that you can buy charm packs of Kona cotton, and most of them are packs of different shades of a color.
 My landlady had this quilt kit for about 10-15 years and couldn't figure out the cutting instructions, so she handed it over to me! The instructions were really hard. She wanted it to be enlarged to a twin size, so we had to find some similar fabrics.

 The dresden plate blocks in this quilt are some I got from my grandmother, Imogene. I wasn't sure what to do with them and I'm still not crazy about what I did do with them, but they are in there now!
Another scrap quilt . I freehand quilted this one in my favorite pattern and the texture is lovely. Doing a linear quilting pattern on largish quilts makes it sooo much easier to put through a small machine like mine.
 My best friend from high school is having her second baby in September, so we got started on her baby bedding a couple of months ago. This is the quilt we came up with for the new baby.
Sister in law Sarah wanted some fun fox pillows for Charles' room, so immediately I thought of the "Fancy Fox" pattern by Elizabeth Haugh. I love these fox patterns so much. 
 More Fancy Foxes. I'm really pleased with how this one came out. More on these later.
 I have always hated minky dot fabric with a vengeance, because it is shifty and the trimmings get everywhere. I'd seen several legit quilters on Instagram using minky dot religiously for the backing on their quilts, so I thought "Why not?" It wasn't as shifty as I remembered it to be, but it was as messy as I remembered. BUT. This quilt is heavenly and extremely cuddly. Next time I want to use minky dot, maybe I'll just bring it to my long arm quilter to deal with. *evil laughter*
Leftovers from the quilt above. Did some freehand quilting on this one and the texture from the quilting is really nice.
This was a fun one to make! I had a charm pack from Riley Blake and wanted to do something fresh, a little girly, and I love a good sawtooth star, so I mixed them all together!
My trusty quilt holder!

No comments:

Post a Comment