13 December 2016

A Quilt for Dos' Boyfriend

On my very first day at Hallsville High School I knew a handful of other kids, but they were either my cousins and too cool for me or they were my one friend that had a different schedule. Ashley Tew, "Dos", was my very first friend I made that first week of school and she's still a great friend to this day! She was a godsend, because she was also very into art from an early age, so we always have something to talk about.
She knows how to sew, but is a very busy public school art teacher in Tennessee. So, when her boyfriend's beloved baby quilt finally bit the dust, she called me in to help. We originally planned to refurbish the blocks of a quilt that his grandmother made, but Dos got back from a trip and he had thrown away all but one block. Plan B was to incorporate the one last block into the quilt backing and start over for the top. And here is what we came up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment